Want to join our team? Do you enjoy working in the arts? Do systems bring you insurmountable joy? Then, we want you!
We are hiring an amazing Operations Manager to join our growing team and support our work in the ever-growing, evolving Roosevelt Row Arts District. Our office offers a unique environment that is open, creative, collaborative. Read the details below – if you have what it takes and love being part of a creative, dynamic team, we’d love to talk with you.
At Roosevelt Row CDC, we firmly believe in creating an open and diverse environment for all as an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Ready to get started? Please send a letter of intent along with your resume and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to apply: Friday, December 13th @ 11:59PM.
Position Description – Operations Manager
Department: Manages and implements events, programs, services, marketing, communications and other administrative duties for a small place-based nonprofit organization.
Reports to: Executive Director / President of the Board
Compensation: $20/hour, $20,800/annually plus limited benefits
Employment Status and Hours: 20-25 hours/week
Roosevelt Row CDC is a 501(c)3 nonprofit community development organization established to further the unique cultural character and creative assets of the Roosevelt Row Arts District, advocate for the continuing presence and role of the arts and small locally-owned and operated businesses, and to foster a dense, diverse and walkable urban community. From popular annual events like Pie Social, to active programs such as First Fridays A.R.T.S. Markets and a robust Merchants’ Association, Roosevelt Row CDC is a leader in connecting visitors and residents within this vibrant and nationally-recognized district downtown.
Operations Manager for Roosevelt Row Community Development Corporation is the supporting staff position that assists in the delivery of programs and services for the organization and ensures that all interactions between the organization and the community are positive and productive. Candidates should be able to assist the organization by handling office and storage organization, providing assistance to artists, merchants, and district residents. This position reports to the Executive Director.
This position will have responsibility for maintaining the structure of programs and services for the organization including events, management of the Merchants Association and digital media platforms.
Specific tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining archival and administrative files, including documentation of the Merchant Association and Board of Director meeting agenda and minutes, internal departmental meetings, partnership meetings and event financial reports
- Facility management for Welcome Center and office space at 918 North 2nd Street
- Supervises and inventory control; orders supplies or materials that will facilitate a smoothly-running office
- Train and supervise interns and volunteers and maintain related records
- Assist in the management of First Friday programming
- Provide input and strategies for growth of organization in conjunction with staff and board members
Ensure all phone calls are answered within 24 hours.
Ensure emails are responded to and/or routed to the appropriate responsible party within 48 hours.
Check mail at 922 North Fifth Street office daily.
Provide a minimum of 10-15 hours per week of Welcome Center office hours.
Monitor website, newsletter and social media platforms ensuring content remains current and supports programs and services.
Attend all staff meetings and organization events.
- At least 3 years of related experience.
- Strong computer skills and proficient in Excel, Word, and Google Suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
This is a part-time, hourly-based position, with 20-25 hours per week. The Operations Manager will set his/her own regular office hours and allow time for board meetings as needed. This position requires availability to work every monthly First Friday and a limited number of other fundraising events.