As it inches closer to opening, the Churchill announced a list of tenants that will call the downtown Phoenix development home.
The Churchill, which is being fashioned out of old seaport shipping containers at Garfield and First streets near Roosevelt Row, already announced Pedal Haus Brewery, State Forty Eight, Pobrecito, Cosas and Freak Brothers Pizza would set up shop at the anticipated complex.
On Monday, the Churchill announced a list of five other local tenants opening this summer. The businesses include a mix of retail and restaurants and bars.
Here are the confirmed tenants at downtown Phoenix’s the Churchill:
- Breadwinner – a new restaurant concept by Culinary Mafia Group, the team behind Scottsdale’s EVO
- Pedal Haus Brewery – the second installment of the Tempe-based brewpub
- Pobrecito – a new cocktail concept from the team behind Counter Intuitive and Undertow
- Provecho – a food concept that offers flavors from Central Mexico
- Freak Brothers Pizza – a food truck turned brick-and-mortar restaurant that cooks up Neapolitan-style pizzas in 90 seconds using a 1,000-degree oven
- Foxy Fruit – a health-conscious spot serving smoothies and acai bowls
- Sauvage – a bottle shop offering wines at an approachable price
- State Forty Eight – a homegrown lifestyle brand
- Cosas – a container boutique that features the work of local artisans from various regions of Mexico
- Gather – a retail spot offering home and lifestyle goods
“It’s an eclectic, impressive tenant mix, and as we intended when creating the space, everyone brings something very different to the table,” Kell Duncan, the Churchill co-founder said in a statement.
Duncan and partner Hartley Rodie are developing the 14,000-square-foot project and Phoenix-based Local Studio is in charge of the design-build.
The first Churchill tenants expect to open their doors this summer, but an official date has not been set yet.