Fridays In Phoenix
Roosevelt Row serves as a central hub for art and culture in the downtown Phoenix area.
Whether you’re exploring Roosevelt Row on First Friday, Third Friday, or any other Friday in between, Roosevelt Row’s Arts District is the place to start. Tour galleries, venues and art-related spaces to see a variety of artwork and to enjoy the spirit and culture of the city as you mingle with other residents and visitors.
Downtown Phoenix’s hosts one of the nation’s largest, self guided artwalks every First Friday from 6 to 11pm, with free event shuttles available through out downtown and are headquartered at the Phoenix Art Museum. Third Fridays showcase exhibition openings in dozens of galleries in the district. Other Fridays boast performances, artist spotlights and more. First Fridays in Roosevelt has recently been highlighted by USA Today as “The Top 10 Arts Districts in the US.” Experience the amazing art the Roosevelt Row Arts District has to offer! (Read other USA Today coverage here.)
Places to Start
- Fifth and Sixth Street Merchants | Both north and south of Roosevelt, Fifth and Sixth streets are the home to eateries and shops of all sorts. Books, coffee, wine and vintage clothing can be found here.
- Hot Box Galleries | Phoenix Institute for Contemporary Art (phICA) curates Hot Box Galleries, 3 pop up containers exhibiting local, national and international artists every First and Third Fridays. The containers are located next to eyelounge Gallery, Ben’s Bells and Modified Arts Gallery between 5th and 6th Street on Roosevelt. The containers will soon evolve into an artist live/work duplex, to debut in 2016!
- Roosevelt Row Market | Our vendor market has a new location! Swing by for a curated selection of local, handmade goods and art, located on 2nd Street between Roosevelt and Portland Streets, between Carly’s Bistro and monOrchid gallery. (Previously located on the vacant lot between Third and Fourth streets on the north side of Roosevelt)
- Galleries | From west to east, galleries like monOrchid, Combine Studios, Modified Arts, Eye Lounge, Drive-Thru Gallery, 1Spot Gallery, and other spaces in between offer Phoenix Friday visitors a chance to see famed local and foreign artists in a classic gallery environment.
- Venture Beyond | Grand Avenue, Van Buren, the Warehouse District, Arts Central District and beyond will guide you through the creative crevices of this magical urban desert city. Get lost to discover more in the arts scene.
Use #PHXFridays and share your experience of art and culture in downtown Phoenix and Roosevelt Row!